Tuesday, November 9, 2010

G.W. Bush Owns Up to Some of His Mistakes

Republicans Take Heed!

"... you're not going to see me out there chirping away (at Obama). ... I want our president to succeed. I love our country." -- G.W.

Selections from the rest of what G.W. said:

A little joke between him and the rest of the world

"A lot of people don't think I can read, much less write"

Iraq

"When we didn't find weapons I felt terrible about it, sick about it and still do, because a lot of the case in removing Saddam Hussein was based upon weapons of mass destruction,"

Does he not feel terrible about his major disregard of American Tenets and Policy, international law, and humanity - "preemptive invasion"?

Katrina

"[...I...] should have sent federal troops to help with security in New Orleans sooner, but I was waiting for authority from Louisiana state government" (the constitution and federal law is very clear about that for very good reasons; actually who delayed was the Governor of Louisiana for not calling out the National Guard of her state)

"I didn't land Air Force One to view the submerged New Orleans up close because he was worried about taking resources away from rescue efforts." (You cannot fault him on that - all the panoply of his physical presence would have hampered the effort)


"I shouldn't have flown over and looked. I made a mistake. I should have landed ... I didn't realize a picture of me looking out would look like I didn't give a darn." (see his previous statement)

The Economy's Meltdown

"[...I...] wasn't alone in [...my...] failure to foresee the financial meltdown and defended [...my...] administration's decision to invest in failing banks in late 2008 to stabilize the financial system I believe it helped save the country"

G.W. On Ophray

TTFN
(Peace, Skepticism, Bright, Humanism, Green, TED)

No comments: